Flow & Restore Yoga Classes for Women
Are you exhausted, and feel like your hormones and energy levels are all over the place?
Are you so busy trying to keep all your balls in the air, that you’ve become cranky, strung out AND your monthly period has gone haywire – heavier bleeding, more PMS, menstrual cramps and bloating?
Or have you entered the peri-menopausal and menopausal years and feel like you’re dealing with puberty all over again with the added bonus of hot flushes, night sweats, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, migraines and digestive issues?
Well, the good news is yoga can help you.
By tuning into your body and honouring your own natural rhythm, you can begin to restore your energy (Prana) levels and rediscover your flow, joy and playfulness.
Yoga is a way to:
- Awaken your senses and emotions and give you the space and time for your own self-care
- Physically to improve your strength, bone density, joint fluidity and flexibility
- Become revitalised and re-energised
- Connect with yourself and with other women.
About the 8 Week Program
Specially designed for women, this more feminine practice encourages women to work with their unique cycles, acknowledge and understand their own energy levels, and support their bodies with nurturing, supportive and restorative poses.
The program will:
- Take into consideration your physical, emotional, and hormonal circumstances to bring about balance, harmony and calmness in your endocrine (hormonal) and nervous systems
- Assist you to release tension from your body, improve flexibility and build strength
- Allow you to experience the space and time to restore your energy levels
- Focus on supporting your nourishment and self-care
- Include longer periods of Savasana (relaxation) to assist you to find an internal landscape of stillness, connection and just being.
“The first thing I always notice is the care she has taken to set up a space. It’s warm and inviting, with props set up for each student. Touching in with her students to see where they are at physically and emotionally means that the class is always carefully tailored to both individual students and the group at large. I love the way Barbara is able to create a balance between direction and silence, which helps you to attend to your inner experience as well as the outer manifestation of the asanas. Meditation is guided with a gentle flow, which means you finish the class in a state of balance, feeling calm and energised.”
Caitlin (Naturopath and Counsellor)
During this time of Covid-19
All classes have been online for existing students.
Mother and Daughter Yoga Workshops
Inspired by my own daughter’s interest in being involved in my yoga training, a desire to teach children yoga, and a love of empowering women. I’ve created a unique program that honours, supports and celebrates the parallel rites of passage that mothers and daughters go through hormonally, emotionally and spiritually.
The program creates a beautiful bridge of communication and support between mother and daughter, a safe place for you to be more compassionate with yourself and each other.
- Time for connection and bonding in our busy lives
- Encouraging and improving communication and respect
- Love and compassion to self and each other
- Giving, accepting and receiving
- Supporting each other via partner poses and games
- Allowing for joy and playfulness no matter the age
“My 11 year old daughter and I enjoyed every second of it. We laughed and stretched, we reflected and found peace together, we stepped outside of our usual roles and interacted together with joy and affection. It was wonderful to share the experience of being a little team within a bigger group of other mums and daughters. Barbara nurtured us and helped us to nurture each other too.”
Claire, (Mother of 2 daughters and school teacher).
Private group sessions or school community social workshops are also available.
If you’d like more information or would like to book email email@example.com.
Date and location to be confirmed.
Suggested age group of Daughters of Tweens to Teens is 11 to 13 years old
Why is yoga important for children?
Emerging research demonstrates yoga supports the wellbeing of pre-schoolers, primary school aged children, pre-teens to teenagers.
- Creation of a positive mindset, confidence and compassion
A reduction in:
- Stress and bullying behaviours
- Symptoms of fear, anxiety and depression
- Emotional self-regulation
- Physical balance, strength and flexibility
- Body awareness, appreciation and self-esteem
- Focus, memory and academic performance
- Sensory-motor performance
- Digestion and sleeping patterns
Assisting children with:
- Respiratory issues such as asthma or anxiety-related
- Autism and ADHA to self-regulate, improve focus, memory and complete tasks on time.
Yoga’s physical poses (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and relaxation and meditation encourage children to connect with and become aware of their bodies and minds. The practice of yoga provides time and space for children to reflect on their own self regulation and esteem, and compassion for self, but also to connect with and support their fellow peers.
Six Week Yoga Programs for Children
Designed and cater for your child’s specific age group and ability, children get to experience yoga in a playful, educational and relaxed way to:-
- Connect with themselves and celebrate their unique qualities
- Balance, strength and flexibility
- Emotional control and self-regulation
- Calmness and resilience
- Empathy for self and others
If you’d like more information or would like to book call me on 0466 211 748, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New dates to be announced.